Thursday 20 September 2012

Cupcake Crazy

It's National Cupcake Week and to celebrate I thought I would share with you my favourite 'party piece' cupcake recipe. Cupcakes are incredibly versatile from a child's birthday to a decadent dinner party dessert, they're perfect. I'm a big fan of the old favourites, lemon and chocolate but the flavour combinations you find these days are endless! I've gone for one of my favourite flavour pairings, cherries and chocolate, Black Forest Gateau cupcakes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/black_forest_cupcakes_02412

Some think the gateau is a bit dated, but 70s classic or not it keeps reinventing itself and cupcake form is an excellent way to sample it. For a twist on this recipe I made a pistachio cream frosting with chopped pistachio nuts and icing sugar to taste. Pistachio, cherry and chocolate is one of those killer combinations you must try.

Happy baking people!

Small Cook xx


No comments:

Post a Comment