Thursday 23 May 2013

Warm spring salad

I'll be honest with you... This was one of those days where you get in late and are desperately searching for that quick and easy thing to fill your late night supper need. When I tasted this dish, it was so fresh and delicious (healthy too!) that I'd thought I'd share it with you. I love this time of year, there's lots of gorgeous greens coming into season and asparagus is one of my ultimate favourites. Asparagus is one of those vegetables that our British farms do so well. The likelihood is that asparagus is grown on your doorstep around this time of year so make sure you check the label! Say no to Spain and yes to Ross-on-Wye!

In a little oil cook chopped asparagus and mushrooms until tender or al dente or whatever the fashionable way to eat asparagus is these days.... add a clove of sliced garlic and a heaped teaspoon of pesto. At the last moment I added a handful of baby spinach leaves and double podded broad beans just to warm through. Serve this salad with crumbled goats cheese and a gooey poached egg, spring on a plate!

Enjoy!
Small Cook xx


No comments:

Post a Comment